Online advertising is one of the most effective ways of increasing impressions to your banner
ads. When your graphics design team creates advertisements for you, consider signing up to
a number of popular ad networks in your niche to increase exposure to your website. These
web ads have been shown to be very effective in bringing in hits to your website and ultimately
increasing your bottom line.
Another great advantage of participating in banner ad networks, is that people start spreading
links and information about your products and services amongst their own social networks on
sites such as Facebook and Google+. Online advertising is best purchased on websites that are
close to your own business model. The best place to look for ad networks opportunities is in
the blogs, magazines and review sites that write about the industry and the services that you are
If you’re interested in selling your services over the Internet, then one of the best ways that you
can drive traffic to your website is through a variety of online advertising options. The most
popular of these are banner ads, which you can purchase at a variety of popular websites that are
related to your niche. You can hire a graphic designer to create a banner advertisement for you
and then purchase an advertising option at a website such as Facebook, Google, Bing or Yahoo
and your ad will go into their networks and will appear in people’s browsers all over the world
when they make related searches.
This type of advertising has been shown to greatly increase the chances of new customers visiting
your website. When you sign up for one of these web ads services, then you become a member
of a variety of banner ad networks that share your information amongst them, greatly increasing
Is this a legit advertising network?
Hey. I wrote up some noise about the Chitika advertising network.
Banner ad networks are go-betweens for those who want to sell advertising and those who to publish advertising online. They help get advertisements placed, track the sales (clicks), and do most of the work for the client who has very little control, if any, over where their ads are placed. Banner ad networks serve up ads so web nerds make money.
Here’s a few:
- AdSense: This is the online advertising company run by Google Inc. It was released in June of 2003 and it accounts for the majority of Google’s revenue. AdSense was originally created by Oingo, Inc, from Los Angeles and they designed the algorithm that AdSense now uses. Oingo, Inc. was changed to Applied Semantics and was purchased by Google in 2003 for $102 million.
- ValueClick: This is an online company that has been creating online advertising for over 10 years. Just recently, ValueClick has acquired Dotomi, which was a data-provider to the online ad industry. ValueClick also recently Greystripe, a mobile advertising network. ValueClick also provides shopping cart solutions for web publishers.
- Amazon Associates: Retail giant, Amazon.com, offers an easy-to-use banner ad network. They offer publishers and retailers promotions at special shopping times. They offer advertising on the Kindle tablet, too. AmazonAssociates also offers widgets as an option for those wanting to highlight their products but may not have room for large banner ads.
- Microsoft Ad Solutions: Those choosing Microsoft Ad Solutions can place ads on TV, PC, and mobile screens. The Microsoft Media Network offers more places for banner advertising networks than most others banner networks. Microsoft Ad Solutions partners with many advertising clubs and foundationsl like ThinkLA, Advertising Club, and 212 Interactive Advertisting Club, to stay current with advertising.
- Majon International: This company has been in business since 1995, offering banner ad networks in four sizes: 468×60, 300×250, 728×90 and 120×600. They offer advertisers forty-four target categories for displaying their ads. Majon Internation is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and also offers many different branding and marketing services.
- BannerSpace: This Internet banner ad network is launching a new service called AreaPoint which will use geographic targeting to bring your ads to the people near you. Their banner advertising networks cover hundreds of online publishers. They purchase unsold inventory from other banner ad networks to give discount rates to those who want to advertise. BannerSpace has been serving Internet advertisers since 1998.
- Adnetik: Adnetik uses what they call “Audience Investment Management” (AIM) to help their advertisers get the most out of their money. They customize the banner ad network to get the best audience for each ad. This company is active marketing in Latino communities. The company is run by advertising veterans with excellent education. They have helped companies increase revenue by over twenty percent. They have worked with companies from the automotive industry, financial service industry, online groceries, insurance industry, and retail industry by working with behavioral, psychographic, and geographic targeting.
Companies looking to get involved in a banner ad network just need to look to these companies for inspiration and added revenue. Banner advertising networks can help online businesses and brick-and-mortar businesses make more money with very little effort.
Here’s a nifty, low-key site for web publishers just getting started with online marketing. It’s not that an email signature will make you a fortune, but like they point out, it’s the small things that add up. I know that I’ve definitely clicked on one or two urls in email signatures, especially when there’s a caption or lead-line that hooks my interest.